Sunday, May 18, 2014

Cacao Coffee Zucchini Cake



I just found this recipe through an old friend on Facebook and with an abundance of fresh zucchini from my garden, I couldn't resist!  Of course, I am not capable of leaving a recipe as it is, I modified it to my liking.  I hope you like it too!  Moist and oh so delicious!  Take the time to click on the links for cacao powder and cacao nibs!  They are an amazing super food with the wonderful taste of pure raw chocolate but soooo much better for you.  I love the nibs in this recipe because they retain their crunch!



Cacao Coffee Zucchini Cake
The Chef In My Head adapted from JF Jules

  • 1 1/2 cups shredded fresh zucchini (approximately 1 zucchini)
  • 1/4 cup coconut oil (heat until not solid)
  • 1/4 cup brewed organic coffee, cold 
  • 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup granulated raw sugar
  • 1 egg + 1 egg white (straight from my chickens this morning)
  • 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
  • 1 1/4 cup All Purpose Flour
  • 1/2 cup unsweetened cacao powder
  • 1/8 cup cacao nibs
  • 1 tsp. baking powder
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  • 1/4 tsp. sea salt
Preheat oven to 350° F (static) or 325° F (convection). Lightly oil a 9×5 bread pan.
Shred the zucchini using a fine shredding disc on a food processor or a hand shredder. Measure 1 1/2 cups and set aside.
Beat together oil, brewed coffee, sugars, egg and vanilla. Slowly stir in the dry ingredients until incorporated, then whip together until smooth, approximately 1-2 minutes. Stir in the shredded zucchini.
Once the zucchini is integrated, pour into prepared pan and bake for 55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center has no wet crumbs on it when removed. Depending on whether your pan is metal or glass, the bake time may be longer or shorter, so repeat the toothpick test if needed.
Remove to cool on a wire rack and remove from pan after cooling for 15 minutes.



Print this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by and I can't wait to read your comments. I will stop by your blog shortly!